The Baker Hotel Vision
The developer's vision for the new renovated Baker Hotel is to honor the rich past of the hotel while celebrating a new beginning.
Blending the old with the new, the new Baker Hotel will bring forth a treasure reborn with expanded guest rooms, gracious public spaces, fully equipped meeting rooms and most importantly, the renewal of the famous mineral water spas.
A key component to modernizing the hotel will be to adapt the hotel to the lifestyle of today's guest. Reflecting great formality in its early years, the new Baker Hotel will artistically weave a regional flavor into the artwork and furnishings of this beautiful Spanish Colonial building, making the Texas casual guest feel as much at home as the guest attending the most formal of events such as a wedding.
Changes - Then & Now
- The pool and the fountain will likely remain.
- Instead of 450 rooms, it will scale down to 155.
- The street-level floor will have about 11,000 square feet of retail space and a diner and coffee shop seating about 80 people. This is where the kitchen is currently located.
- The main kitchen will be moved to the lobby floor, where the serving will be done.
- The Brazos Room will serve as a prefunction space next to the 15,000-square-foot ballroom.
- The lobby will be brought back to its original glory.
- Patton said that they want to bring the Rose Room back, and they plan to remove several faux walls to open up that space.
- The kitchen will be in the back, close to the banquet room.
- Floors three through nine will be downsizing from 40 small rooms to 21 larger rooms of about 450 square feet. The standard room will be junior suite size.
- The porte-cochere area on the lobby floor will be separate from the rest of the floor and used as an extension of the upstairs spa.
- The mezzanine level will be used as a check-in area.
- Plans include restoring the Presidential Suite on the 10th floor.
- The Baker Suite will be restored on the 11th floor. Meeting rooms will be on the same floor with a set of stairs that lead to the Cloud Room. The plan is to open up one area of that room.
- The current gymnasium space will become a meeting space with breakout rooms and a small kitchen in the back.
- The women's and men's area spas will be separate. A fitness area will be added. The spa will be about 14,000 square feet.
- Meeting and conference space will be about 20,000 square feet.
Click an image to zoom and play slideshow.
- Ground Floor Plan Ground Floor Plan
- 1st Floor Plan 1st Floor Plan
- Mezzanne Floor Plan Mezzanne Floor Plan
- 2nd Floor Plan 2nd Floor Plan
- 3rd - 9th Floor Plan 3rd - 9th Floor Plan
- 10th Floor Plan 10th Floor Plan
- 11th Floor Plan 11th Floor Plan
- 12th Floor Plan 12th Floor Plan